Panel from the "Calvin and Hobbes" comic strip showing Calvin's alter ego, Tracer Bullet.
This image is a short excerpt from a single comic strip and the copyright for it is most likely owned by either the publisher of the comic strip or the writer(s) and/or artist(s) which produced the comic in question. It is believed that the use of low-resolution* images of panels from a comic
- to illustrate:
- the scene or storyline depicted, or
- the copyrighted comic book character(s) or group(s) depicted on the excerpted panel in question;
- where no free alternative exists or can be created,
- hosted on servers in the United States by Wikia,
qualifies as fair use under United States copyright law. Any other uses of this image, on Wikipedia or elsewhere, may be copyright infringement. See Wikipedia:Fair use for more information.
* Low-resolution refers to original-size images excerpted from a strip whose resolution is inferior or approximately equal to that of the strips made publicly available by the copyright holders over the Internet.